Dienstag, 15. Januar 2008

The last week in Berlin


Here are a few pictures of my last week in Berlin. (The last two posts "Paderborn" and "Lenja-Sophie" are also part of that week.)
Thursday around noon I spent time with my aunt Ingrid, cousin Katrin and great cousin Therese, three generations.
In the afternoon I met with Juhle, a good friend from the good old school days. We started out at the Hackesche Höfe and found a little Cafe along the way to sit and chat.
Sadly, I don't have any pictures of that day to show you. :(

The picture above is the Volksbühne (the theater of the people). It is about a 10 minute walk away from where I lived for most of my school time. After being destroyed in WWII it was rebuilt in 1956.

Below you see the Babylon Theater, the closest movie theater when I grew up. It is quite a small theater compared to others these days, so it seems to survive by showing independent and foreign movies that you can't see anywhere else.





Monday afternoon Maria and Florens came by to see me. Maria is my best friend from elementary school. One of the things Florens knows how to do is wave bye bye.



Tuesday after a short visit in one of Karen's nursing classes I spent time with Nina and Samuel.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen